Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A day of 4 generations . . .

Today the girls and I spent the afternoon with my mom, grandma, and cousin Angie - 4 generations of Martin women! I actually didn't even realize how special it was until we were standing in front of Starbucks talking to a friend when a table of women started gawking at us, asking how many generations we represented. I guess it's pretty cool when you think about it and we are blessed! It was a fun day, despite being out with toddlers . . . we all had hair cuts this morning, went to McGrath's for lunch, hit the Nordstrom Anniversary sale on last time, the Farmer's Market, and then sat at Starbucks enjoying blended lemonades and rice krispy treats (for the girls of course)! Afterwards we all congregated back at my mom's and had a family dinner with all the guys. I should have taken a picture of the four of us cooking a very last minute dinner for 12 at 6:30! Since we love to cook and have been taught well by Grandma, it was pretty easy to whip up all sorts of food . . . just messy. We also should have gotten a picture of all of us together, but the only thing I cam home with was a picture of my very cute 14 year old 2nd cousin after he picked up his very first car (they went and got it tonight). I'll have to upload it tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy. As I am recalling the events of the day I am amazed that my little kiddos and my 81 year old grandma survived the day! We kept asking Grandma if she wanted to sit and rest and repeatedly offended her, however at 9:15 she came to tell me that she was going to bed. She outlasted my girls who left for bed at 8 with their daddy (Annie was at the door saying "ready, bed" at 7:45). I hope I can be just as lively as her someday . . .

No comments: