Ok, so I'm discovering that I'm not the best blogger. Yes, I have good intentions . . . time just seems to get away from me. In a nutshell, July has been a long month and it's still not over! Josh and I have both been busy and a little stressed at work, Syd has been busy with swimming lessons, and Annie has started repeating every word we say (yay for talking!!). Anyhow, we've managed to stay busy with some fun too . . .
- 4th of July fun - Josh worked the weekend of the fourth (actually his first 7 day stretch which was nuts), but we had a blast on the 3rd at Cottage Grove lake hanging out with the Edmiston clan. The girls and I went to my parent's on the fourth for a small BBQ with friends. It was pretty fun, even for our first fourth without Josh and the St. Paul Rodeo (our 3rd of July tradition).
- My dad's 50th birthday party. So, actually this was not the best weekend - our family was all under a lot of stress and the result was a great deal of fighting. We should know by now that a huge party creates drama! I think we've managed to patch things up. The next day we had my friend Shayla and her boyfriend Fernando over for a birthday dinner. Josh grilled steaks and we had a great time.
- A semi-weekend without the kiddos! Last weekend the in-laws took the girls overnight so Josh and I could go to Caruso's with our friends Keith & Maria. We had a great night eating Italian and then splitting up - Maria and I hit the first day of Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale and Keith and Josh went to Sportsman's Warehouse for who knows what! The next day we got up and went to Salem for the Art Fair at Bush Park, then came home for a hammack nap before the girls got home. Grandparent's are the best!!!

Syd, William, & Annie = BFF Forever =)
Little Miss Patriotic
Uncle Ben was too loud with the fireworks!
Desi, Emily, Kate (so sweet at 4 wks), and Jess
How patriotic we are in red, white, and blue!
Poppa and Syd playing ping pong at the big 50th party

Shayla, the girls and I at her birthday dinner (the girls are eating the frosting off the candles)

No comments:
Post a Comment