Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Grandma's Birthday/Bell Ringing

So I know I already posted a blurb about grandma's birthday, but think that the event needs a little more publicity (haha, like anyone but me actually reads this)! Anyways, on Saturday we celebrated my grandma's 81st birthday. Wow! My grandma is a pretty special lady, always one to entertain us in some way. She is an accomplished writer, bayou cooking expert, and a very important part of my life. My daughter's adore her and she comes along with my mom to babysit each Tuesday at our house (she even does my laundry and makes us great dinners which is an added perk). A mother of 6, grandmother of 16 (I think), and many great grandchildren, she has led a very full and interesting life. At 81 she is still going strong! Her sister Top lives with her and they make every day an adventure. In addition to her birthday, we also had a great bell ringing ceremony in honor of the original Gooseneck School bell. This bell was located at Gooseneck School, which happens to be our family's homestead. We just moved the bell out to my parent's house and had it refurbished. It was a fun time reminiscing about living on Gooseneck and ringing the bell. My mom also wrote a very sweet family blessing, I will end this post with that and some pictures of the big event.
May God's blessings keep you always. May you see God's light on the path when the road you walk is dark. May your dreams and wishes come true. May you remember that alone we can do so little and together we can do so much. May you always have the courage to do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason. May you always remember that if you wait to do everything until you are sure it is right, then you'll probably never do much of anything. May joy and laughter fill your homes and always outweigh your tears. May you, at the end of your journey, have few regrets, wonderful memories, people who love you, and be able to look back and know you have finished your race well.
We missed everyone who was unable to attend! Come home soon!!

Grandma blowing out her candles with her Glenda (my aunt) & Aunt Top

Grandma with my Uncle Walt, Aunt Glenda, and my mom

The Skyberg Clan - my cousin Angie, Jason, Hannah and Chris (nice gangsta' pose Chris and Hannah)!

My cousin Jeremy (Glenda's son) and his daughter Greta - SHE'S SO CUTE!!!

Josh, Jess, Syd, Annie, Ben Ryan, and my mom & dad

PS - Leave me comments so I know that maybe someone reads this =)

2 comments:

angelaskyberg said...

You have a blog? I love all the pics. Especially the one of my children's happy faces. Tab says, don't wear mickey mouse tee's anymore, I say, Go Mickey!

Trina said...

I'm reading it! I saw that Brent had made a reference in Facebook to something that you had written. I've also added you to my Google Reader, so I'll be reading ever word that you write.