My girls and I have a love affair with the Barefoot Contessa. We look forward to her show each week, and we'll often watch it before bedtime when Josh goes to work (although he actually enjoys watching it too . . . silly boy). Anyways, last night we were watching her make a smoked salmon/bagel tray and Annie says to me "mom, do you wish you were Ina?" I thought about it for a second and replied "well, I guess I kinda do Annie. Ina is pretty amazing." At this point, Sydney decides to put her two cents in with "mom, I wish you were Ina too."
On another Ina note, I love how Sydney's culinary knowledge has expanded from watching her show. Just last night she learned about arugula, shallots, tarragon, lemon zest, and the importance of adding instant coffee powder to your chocolate. All this in just half an hour while Annie ran around the living room chasing the dog. Amazing!
Completely unrelated, Annie can count to twelve! The girls have learned to entertain themselves with hide-and-go-seek, and Josh and I were laughing hysterically last night listening to her count with her cute little voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is hilarious! I bet your kids are the kind to try every new thing to eat too?
I laughed and laughed at this.
Tell them you are training THEM to be the next Ina.
I wish we got her show. I might learn something!
That's so cute. I love Ina too. Love her. :)
Post a Comment