I have been picking up our business mail at the post office for the past seven years and in that time have dealt with the same grumpy postmaster who gripes at me if I forget my key, forget the correct paperwork to mail documents, or lectures me on the importance of timely mail pickup if there is too much mail in our itty bitty box and they are forced to pull it behind the counter (let's remember that this is business mail and we generate an insane amount a paperwork and bills on a monthly basis). He even gives me irritated looks and cool conversation on the days when I come with a smile on my face or bring my sweet babies in. It's just plain irritating and I actually try to avoid him at all cost and chat with the sweet lady that has also worked there for years.
What is the reason for this story you ask? Today I went in to buy a roll of stamps (totally frustrating that the price went up again) and lo and behold, said postmaster actually had a smile on his face. He was helping a Willamette Law graduate mail many boxes of books back to his native Alaska and Mr. Postmaster thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He was full of questions . . . everything from law to Alaska to the rainy weather we are experiencing. It was plain annoying if you ask me!
I have tried everything to be nice to the guy and he continues to dislike me. I haven't even forgot my key for a good six months. Maybe I should make him some brownies . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ha ha ha. That's funny. There's a similar postmaster at our PO who Janine swears is the grouchiest man alive. He is perfectly lovely to me. Must be a "postal" thing.
I am also laughing at the way it just drives us crazy when someone doesn't like us for NO REASON. I am the same way.
This is so true!!!
This guy just hates me for no reason. He's so rude to me. I can totally relate.
WHAT did I do this man is what I always asked myself. I'm actually rather glad I don't go to that PO much anymore...I tried everything. Small talk, coming in without kids, smiling, talking about the weather. All to no avail.
I SO want to see him smile at me...just once.
Post a Comment