Monday, May 11, 2009

Seattle Bound

A few weeks ago, my friend Shayla and I packed up the car and kids and headed up to Seattle for a long weekend at her aunt & uncle's house. We had a great time taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island, exploring Pikes Place, and taking long baths and showers in her aunties amazing bathroom! I meant to write a little story about our car ride home, but never quite got around to it. Let's just say it involved a four year old, a desire to play games on an iphone, and it ended with a stop on the side of the freeway for some discipline by a very frustrated mommy! I have a sneaking suspicion that Shayla may have changed her mind about having children of her own someday. Hopefully she'll come around again soon! We also got the chance to visit Coraly, a good friend (and fellow blogger) from my Santiam days and what a treat to see her and get a chance to snuggle her sweet little baby! It was too short, and I am looking forward to another visit soon. Here are a few pictures of our trip . . . and one requested photo of our dear friend "Uncle Dan". Just don't tell him he made it to my blog . . . he delights himself in his anonymity (although the guy manages a Dutch Bros so I'm not sure how anonymous one can be). Oh well. He's the best uncle two girls could ask for . . . especially since he has an iphone too!

A self portrait of Syd & I on the ferry

The girls watching the water . . . they refused to look at me!


Syd & Shayla - I promise that we love Annie too, but both girls were being difficult to photograph!

This is an oldie, but here's Syd and Dan at the beach. I can't remember if this was pre-Annie or not!