Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not me Monday . . . On a Tuesday

It's stressful around here right now. We are moving in less than two weeks and currently every room in my house looks like a bomb went off. . . not to mention that things are busy at work and we've got two toddlers who get extremely grumpy in the heat. I've spent the last three evenings diligently packing up boxes and tonight I'm sitting on my couch, boycotting the endless process of moving. In an effort to prolong my laziness, here's my version of Not Me Monday.

In an effort to keep my newly-potty-training-two-year-old compliant, I did not give her a total of 15 gumballs in one day . . . Nope, not me!

In addition to the 15 gumballs I handed out to said potty-trainer, I did not hand out an additional 15 gumballs to her older sister just to keep her from whining at me . . . no way, my dentist has taught me better than to rot my kids teeth out.

While on our mini-vacation to the beach last weekend, I did not eat enough salt water taffy to fill the pacific ocean . . . Not a chance, I have more willpower than that!

I am not responsible for the flowers and vegetables on my back porch that look like they've just spent a week in Arizona . . . Never would I conveniently "forget" to water just because I'm moving in two weeks and won't be able to enjoy them anymore anyways.

There's not a chance it was me who forgot to do a very important task at work, not once but twice, and conveniently now have an appointment with the man who will surely recognize my error and do who knows what about it . . . not me, I have an impeccable record at remembering every detail of my detail-oriented job . . . especially since I am such a detail-oriented person (NOT!!!!)

No comments: