We spent the next three days relaxing by the pool (more like chasing the kids around the pool) and were happy to welcome our dear family friends Toni & Sue on Friday. Saturday Austyn arrived to help me take care of the kiddos. What a blessing she was! It was so wonderful to have a helper by the pool, and she even stayed with the girls so I could go out to dinner and shopping with Toni, Sue, and my mom. Dad left Sunday and our girls week began!
Our daily schedule included time at the pool, waterslide, shopping, and yummy dinners! It was a great time to see Toni & Sue and enjoy the girls. Syd & Annie had the best time, but we all missed Josh and were ready to come home.
Now we're home, reminiscing about all of our fun times. I put together my pictures into a (long) slide show. I think everyone else actually had better pics, but these will have to do for now.
Some of our favorite memories . . .
- Disneyland with daddy - the girls had such a magical day and we loved seeing the smiles on their faces!
- The waterslide. It took up a huge part of our trip. Each time Annie would go down she would say "it's gonna be fun" and then say "again, again" as she was going down the slide. The more splash, the better. Sydney observed all the big kids and talked Sue into doing "the taco" by turning the mat horizontally (it was way faster). Sue embellished the taco by asking her if she wanted it spicy or mild.
- Boogers and French Fries. On the last night, it was just Toni and my mom & I left and the girls were DONE. To get them to laugh, Toni turned the "Open them, shut them" song into Boogers and French Fries. It was hilarious!
- Spending time with my dad. It had been a long time since I'd vacationed with him. Since we spend most of our time together at work, it was nice to just relax and have fun. And my mom - I adore our vacations together. It was weird to share her with so many people!
- Pool time with Toni and Sue. I forgot how much I love and miss them!!!
We had too much fun and many more memories, but my post is getting longwinded so I'll stop. Enjoy the slideshow and my video of the waterslide - this is what we did when the girls napped with Austyn. . . and when they were awake. =)
![]() |
My little fish =) |


3 comments:
OH Jess, Looks like a blast!!!
WE love San Diego, one of our favorite vacation spots!!!
Do you have an email address, I want to send you something!
My e-mail is jessicaedmiston@msn.com. We love San Diego too, since we got engaged there. It was our first trip back. =)
Welcome home! I LOVED this post! The pictures and videos are awesome! Sounds like the perfect vacation!
Post a Comment