Saturday, September 6, 2008

Anti-Blogger

So it's been a week since I've blogged and while we've been busy and have fun stories to tell, I just can't seem to get a post published. In a nutshell, my mom and I had a great time shopping in Portland Friday with no kids, and then spent the rest of the weekend at home. It's been a long time since I've shopped kidless and we had a blast exploring the fun little neighborhoods and had the best lunch at this little hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant. Josh took a taser class on Thursday and I've been trying to get my video uploaded to the computer, but I have come to the conclusion that I'm brain dead when it comes to techy stuff. I thought our dvd camcorder would be simple to upload . . . but it's not. Too bad, I really thought it was funny to watch him flailing around and want to get my own taser for when he's driving me nuts.

Mom & I at Saks with our "bling". We asked them to take a picture and the guy pulled out a Cartier Estate Ring and this gold/diamond necklace. It was 100k of jewelry . . . incredible!

Oh, and we had to give the doggy back to my cousin. So sad! I seem to be the only one who misses the little guy, Josh & the girls could care less that he's gone.

5 comments:

Coraly said...

Holy smokes! I would have walked right on out of that store with all that " bling" on!
and Josh getting tasered, yes that would be pretty funny!

Beth said...

Hi Jess! Shopping without kids sounds like heaven! I love going to Portland too! Where do you guys like to go? I love the picture! You look stunning in the jewels--how fun!

My favorite Cops episodes are the "Tased and Confused" ones! I can't believe Josh has to get tased in training...doesn't that hurt? I'm dying laughing that you liked watching him "flailing" around!!!

Hopefully see you at Mom2Mom!

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Bling I guess! Reminds me of Pretty Woman. ;) Except you're not a prostitute...yeah...nevermind.

Shopping without kids is wonderful!

Jess said...

Coraly, yes that thought did cross my mind as I thought "wow, this jewelry would almost pay off my house!"

Beth,
Yes, it was a great day. Usually we head up to 23rd because I have a love affair with Papa Hyden's cheeseburgers, but we went to Mississippi Ave, Belmont, Alberta Street, and ended up downtown. I won't be at M2M this year because I am now working on Wednesdays. I'm bummed because they're finally doing a Beth Moore!!

Janine, no, I'm not a prostitute, but it was fun nonetheless and a bit pretty womanish!

Beth said...

I'm so bummed you won't be coming this year!