Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sydney Goes to School

Yesterday was Syd's first day of preschool and she LOVED it. She tends to sleep in every morning so it was a bit challenging to get her out of bed, dressed, and fed before 8am, but we managed to make it to school early. With her backpack on and stuffed giraffe in tow for show and tell, she was ready to go conquer the world! She ditched us the second we reached her classroom and happily chatted away with her teacher until we left. It amazes me how outgoing and confident she is in nearly every situation, especially since I tend to be the opposite. I am very proud to be her mom. Annie loved having mommy all to herself for a few hours and I am looking forward to more time alone with her over the next few months.


Today was back to work for me as I switched my work days around to be home for Syd's school. We're still trying to get a grip on our fall schedule and thought we had it all worked out until Josh's mom let us know that she won't be able to watch the girls anymore unless we make the trek to Albany each week (which would make for a long day for me). I wonder if it's because I broke the wheel off her prized vacuum cleaner this weekend while trying to shampoo my rug? Or maybe it's because I inadvertantly forgot that today was her 50th birthday and asked her to babysit (which she did and I attempted to make it up to her by making cupcakes and bringing home sunflowers from the garden). Actually, she has to start taking care of her mom's medication twice a day and will get paid to help out. I would probably choose a sweet old lady who pays you over two rambuctious toddlers who don't any day so I can't really blame her. I just hope she won't be mad for the next 50 years about the vacuum . . . it really was an accident! Thankfully we have a few "back up" options with the babysitting thing, so hopefully it all works out.
Our Sweetie!


Yes, I need photography lessons. This one's blurry, I know.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Such a sweet picture! She is so cute! I'm totally laughing about the wheel and I would probably wonder the same thing! I hope it all works out with your childcare!!!

Coraly said...

How fun! Layne loved preschool... Sydney will have a blast as well!

Beth said...

Your blog looks awesome!!!