Friday, September 19, 2008

Kudos to Uncle Chris

Our 4th of July tradition is to go camping with Josh's family to the lake in Cottage Grove. The Edmiston/Dooley clan is there in it's entirety for a weekend full of fun bonding. (well, mostly fun. I'm not much of a camper and definitely only an Edmiston by marriage). Every year, Josh's cousin Chris has a new favorite song which we get to listen to over and over on the boat. While I have a pretty high tolerance for music repetition, this year's pick has tested my sanity. My girls remembered that song, made me download it, and now listen to it an average of five times a day (more if we are driving anywhere). Seriously, it's become an epidemic around here. Please note that it is now September 19th and we have been listening to it for over two months. This is not a fad and I fear it will never end!

The song is by the Christian rock band Kutless. They are from Portland and Chris's wife Dana manages their online sales and website. They just came out with a new album this spring titled "To Know That You're Alive". I think it's pretty good and I'm not even a big Christian rock band fan.

I tried to find a way to let you listen to the song via my itunes, but can't. So I went to YouTube and found a video of it. I am assuming that this is not exactly legal, so Dana I apologize in advance. Listen on my site and then head to itunes to purchase "The Feeling" by Kutless (only $.99). Your kids will love you and your neighbors will ask you to turn it down! By the way, Sydney knows all the words and Annie has this cool head bang she does every time it comes on.



My post wouldn't be complete without a picture of Sydney and Chris together. I couldn't find a recent one, so this is from last summer's camping adventure.

I couldn't resist adding the picture of Uncle Nick and Annie. So cute together. =)

4 comments:

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Wow, I haven't seen Chris in a LONG time. Tell him I said hello.

I've heard of Kutless, but can't say I'm a Christian Rock fan. Hey, but there are lots worse things they could memorize, right?

Beth said...

I like the song! I am imagining little Annie head-banging!!! So cute!

Coraly said...

Jeff loves that kind of music. It drives me bonkers. When the girls get to ride in their dad's car, that is the kind of music they listen to, in mine it's classical music.

Beth said...

Hey Jess! For some reason your last post won't come up. Is it just me?

Missing your posts and hope you are doing well!

I'd love to plan a girl's night in the next few weeks...I'll be in touch!