I had to work late last night and didn't leave the office until 9:45pm. By the time I arrived home, everyone was sound asleep and I had missed an entire day of my daughters' lives. Thankfully this doesn't happen often with my job because I probably wouldn't survive long, but lately my hours seem to be longer and my job require my attention even on my days off. This morning, when both girls woke at 5am and ended up in my bed until 7, I knew they desperately missed their mommy and needed a day full of my attention. While I wasn't completely attentive as I still had to pick up the house and get a few things done for work, we had a fun day together at home. We made sugar toast for breakfast, created a "fort" in the living room and watched the Little Mermaid, tried on their new clothes that came in the mail from The Gap, and ate Cars soup for lunch (a new phenomenon in the life of Sydney). After nap time (and a much needed work hour for myself), we decided to do an art project. I didn't really have a plan, so we drug out the paints, markers, stamps, and macaroni, and I let the girls go to town. My mom just bought them art aprons a few weeks ago, so I didn't worry about their clothes. Annie's body however was covered with paint and markers by the end of the event! Sydney wanted me to paint her face, so we made a sun on one side and a flower on the other. Annie also wanted one, but she wouldn't hold still so her cloud looked like a giant blog. Oh well. After Josh got home he took Syd on a grocery store adventure for milk and Skittles, and we watched John & Kate Plus Eight after dinner as a family. It's funny to me that Josh actually will sit and watch this with us. All in all it was a fun day and my little buddies are now snug as a bug in their beds (Annie was so sleepy she literally RAN to her room tonight).
My cuties pies making "art"

Little Miss Sunshine

1 comment:
Okay, Jess: your day sounded so full of sweetness and girly fun I was a bit envious. Around here we have many of those days as well; except they are filled with Playmobil policemen, dinosaur movies, and bear hunts. Reading your blog makes me love my boys and want a girl all at the same time. It is so nice to see a mommy love her kids so much!
ps: When Jake grows up he wants to be "a police man who puts other police in jail." (internal affairs??) so you better tell Josh to watch out.
Post a Comment