Thursday, August 14, 2008

Perfection Shattered!

As I read through my blog posts, it seems like all I do is talk about all of the wonderful, exciting things happening in our life. Don't get me wrong, there is much to celebrate around the Edmiston household, but our life isn't always so put together. Take for instance the current state of my home. I love having a clean house, however the combination of two messy toddlers, a puppy, and a busy schedule has left my home somewhat in shambles. Yes, it still gets cleaned thoroughly once a week, but that just doesn't cut the mustard when sticky little hands touch (and spill) everything in sight. Plus I am completely out of my industrial cleaners (which really do a better job and you should try), so I've been cleaning the past few weeks with your common household cleaners (yuck). The icing on the cake has to be my laundry. I hate laundry, always have, probably always will. Obviously I did not inherit my own mother's joy for washing, drying, and ironing everything in sight on a daily basis. Granted I have become better at keeping up with this horrible chore, but with the busy week/weekend we have experienced, things got a little bit out of control - okay, a lot out of control. I managed to wash and dry about half of the laundry, but it was sitting in the basket, wrinkled, just waiting for someone to fold it. Yesterday was "laundry catch up" and I spent the day washing and folding everything in sight. I was pretty embarrassed/impressed by the magnitude of clean laundry I had folded and thought I'd take a picture to make everyone else feel better that they have their laundry more under control than me! Hope it helps.PS - Mom & Grandma, if you read this, please don't disown me!

2 comments:

Coraly said...

that is a crazy amount of laundry!!! did you have fun putting it all away... I think I hate that part the most, cause it means someone is going to use it, get it dirty and will end up back in my pile of laundry. yuck

Unknown said...

Jess, you are so funny.
I am currently in a "there must be a better way to do things" mode in my house and keep rearranging things (like where we put our shoes, where we change the babies, etc) However, this is leading to shoes not being put away and diapers not getting to the diaper pail. Why are we such creatures of habit.
And laundry...my least favorite. At least the putting away.