Friday, August 15, 2008

Our good friends Mike & Sue came to visit this evening from Bend with their BEAUTIFUL daughters Beth, Kylie, & Kendall. We had a fun dinner at my parent's house and spent the evening enjoying the garden, sunset, and dear friends! Our garden is amazing by the way, we have an eggplant & watermelon now growing strong in addition to all of the "normal" veggies. We had the best dessert also, which I meant to take a picture of but forgot! I thought I'd share it here in case you're interested.

Mint Ice-Cream Pie

1 C chocolate chips
3 TBL butter
2 C Rice Krispies
1/2 to 1 Jar Hot Fudge
1 Gallon Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Homade Whipped Cream

With a double broiler, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Add the rice krispies, mix together and press into the bottom of a pie pan. Freeze for 5-10 minutes. Take the hot fudge and spread it on top of the rice krispy mixture and re-freeze until ready to assemble the dessert. Spread the ice cream on top of the hot fudge, re-freeze 5-10 minutes until it has set. When serving, add a large dollop of whipped cream and enjoy.

Here are a few pictures I did take of our fun evening!



Kendall, Beth, Kylie, Syd, and Annie



All the girls =)


Me and my little brother


Showing off our first WATERMELON!!!!!! Yay garden!!!!


My baby girl

The boys

1 comment:

Coraly said...

I need to make that pie... could you post of what it should look like... I always do so much better with a visual!