Today the girls and I went grocery shopping, they had nap time, I worked on stuff for my mom's 50th bday, and we made chicken and dumplings for dinner - doesn't sound like much fun, but it was a great day. A plus in the grocery store was that both girls held hands and walked through the store without any major mishaps (they started in the cart, but we did MAJOR shopping and it got too full quickly). Woohoo for us . . . it's a new stage in my life as a mommy. Tonight I just have to squeeze a workout in - day number 2, sad I know . . . I've fallen off the wagon.
On the doggie front, the breeder just e-mailed more pictures of cute little Linus. Of course I've got to post them for the world to see! One week to go and our life with a puppy begins. We went shopping yesterday for his gear and I was in sticker shock. Dogs are spendy but I am proud to say that my frugal side came out and I returned the original $29.95 worth of puppy organic shampoo/condtioner the breeder wanted and went to Target for good old baby shampoo (I know, normal people would not have bought the spendy stuff in the first place). What can I say, I'm a Dave Ramsey work in progress.
On the doggie front, the breeder just e-mailed more pictures of cute little Linus. Of course I've got to post them for the world to see! One week to go and our life with a puppy begins. We went shopping yesterday for his gear and I was in sticker shock. Dogs are spendy but I am proud to say that my frugal side came out and I returned the original $29.95 worth of puppy organic shampoo/condtioner the breeder wanted and went to Target for good old baby shampoo (I know, normal people would not have bought the spendy stuff in the first place). What can I say, I'm a Dave Ramsey work in progress.
Linus
The beginnings of my mom's 50th birthday "stuff" - she was cute in the 70's!

No comments:
Post a Comment