Josh and I have committed to spending less on Christmas this year (and giving more), but I am trying to find ways to make the holiday season special for my girls without the gift hype. How do you make Christmas a special time for your families??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We do the Jesse Tree and I am revamping it from the last two years. You can look it up, but it is a progression through the history of God's people...his lineage and their overall history which all points and leads up to his birth.
This year, I will give them small gifts and activities on certain days having to do with that days lesson.
For gifts, they get something little on St. Nick's Day, a toy, book and jammies on Christmas, and something little on Epiphany.
Good luck!
Good Morning! We are doing the same thing too.
The year before last we, along with the rest of my family, took on a family of four kids (grandma was raising them). They didn't have any winter coats, flip flops for shoes, and a really SAD house and living conditions.
I ended up pulling in a TON of other people to help to make is HUGE, and it was so touching how generous everyone was. We ended up being able to FILL the back of three SUV's and deliver the presents a couple of days before Christmas. There wasn't enough room on the floor for all of the presents!
The looks on the kids' faces were priceless. They kept hugging us and saying it was the greatest day of their lives! The grandma couldn't stop crying. It was just incredibly touching and it blessed everyone involved. Luke and Bella were the only ones old enough to understand and they really got into it. It was a great way for us to take the focus off ourselves and our desires and bless someone else.
Love the advent conspiracy, we are doing similar things, less presents more family time, we always decorate gingerbread men together (they often turn out slightly inappropriate ((in bikinis etc)) but it's the most fun of the season -lots of laughter, Im glad that there are more people thinking about all of this- giving out of our abundance!
I LOVE this video and I'm so happy to see that you're sharing it as well. In an attempt to hand make a meaningful gift this year, I'm creating a family directory for my extended family in hopes that it will help us all stay better in touch throughout the year. (Not everyone seems to have everyone's email addresses for example and I honestly don't know everyone's birthday.) I'm also hoping to spend sometime with my cousins children this season and giving their parents a bit of rest.
Post a Comment