A few months ago (well six to be exact), my very kind cousin gave us her elliptical machine which we promptly made room for in the garage and promised each other to faithfully work out. I can literally count on one hand the number of times I actually ellipticalled (Josh too) and in the meantime the machine has become a catch-all storage compartment. Need a place to hang Syd's jacket - the elliptical! How about those random decorations post-Christmas - you guessed it!
Well, we finally drug the machine into the house because let's face it, who can really work out on a boring machine without the tv on? Tonight while I was burning off those Christmas cookies, the Biggest Loser was on and wow, if that's not motivation then what is? You get to watch intense workouts, great trainers, major weight loss, and I definitely feel better about my relationship with spandex. Seriously - the ten(ish) pounds I'd like to lose is nowhere near the challenge they face . . . could I be so motivated in their situation??
Workout day #3 down - only five million to go. Now if I could just get a grip on sneaking into Annie's pottytraining M&M jar. Really, I don't think I need an M&M every time I go potty - I've been potty trained for awhile now. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OK, that is funny! Maybe just reward yourself when you go #2!
Its always such a struggle getting into the groove of working out. I'm right there with you sista!
I woke up three different times last night (because of a sick Jack), and each time, I felt the really strong urge to visit the kitchen! Two yogurts and some sweetarts later, and I'm ready to start my already doomed weightloss day!
Jess...we got one about a year ago. I used it ONCE. Right after that one time is when I found out I was pregnant again and I used that as my excuse for being too tired. Jeremy uses it almost daily because he can't run the track during the school year. And yes...ours is in front of the tv too. :) I might have to try it out watching The Biggest Loser also. I love that show. I usually watch it while I'm sitting on the couch with a bag of chips, ha ha!
Find something you love to do. :)
That's why I get up at the crack of dawn to run.
I love doing it.
My kids aren't a distraction.
It gets me out of the house.
It's free (besides running shoes and gear).
:)
I love your M & M's confession
Post a Comment