I know that I promised the obligatory Christmas update, but unfortunately my house is still a war zone and the elliptical is still calling my name. Instead, I will tell you a story about our dear friends and ask that you keep them and their community in your thoughts and prayers over the days and weeks to come.
Our friends have three high school age daughters. On Christmas morning, their oldest daugter's best friend, Sarah, died at 17 from a long and courageous battle with Leukemia. She had been fighting for her life for a few weeks in ICU and just couldn't hold on any longer.
During her funeral today, word was spread that there had been a car accident and a 16 year old cheerleader from their school was killed. In addition, the car she struck was driven by our friend Mike's good friend (and the father to their middle daughter's good friend). He is now in critical condition. What was already a difficult day turned even worse and my heart has been heavy as I have been praying for them today.
I have been reminded that our time on earth is just temporary - it can be gone in an instant and we must live each day to the fullest. While I praise God that these dear girls are now safe in His arms, I grieve for their families and friends who were not ready to let them go.
The local news station did a story on Sarah's story where Beth (our friend's daughter) was interviewed. It can be found at www.kohd.com and search for Sarah Mace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jess--So sorry to hear of such a devastating loss. What a comfort to know she is in the arms of Jesus. We'll be praying for the family and for the Dad that was in the crash as well. I looked up the story and Sarah was such a beautiful girl.
Post a Comment