My mom called this afternoon while I was at work telling me to stop by Nordstrom's and Macy's because they were giving away free cosmetics to anyone who has purchased cosmetics at their store since 1993. Well, the thought of free moisturizer couldn't keep me stuck to my desk and I ran out the door as fast as I could. Twenty minutes later I was the proud owner of a Lancome mascara (which was a super plus because I needed a new tube anyways) AND a full sized Vera Wang body polish that smells delish. Could life get any better??
Well, it got worse when I tried to start Josh's jeep and nothing happened (oh the benefits of our free and clear econo-vehicle). I felt terrible calling him because he was home with the girls trying to nap before work tonight and he had to wake up the girls and drive all the way into Salem. He was my savior although I guess he already knew something was wrong with the jeep and just hadn't gotten around to fixing it (or filling me in on the fact that it occasionally decides not to start).
So, the moral of the story - cosmetic freebies are not important enough to ditch work for (especially when you only work 2 days a week). Good thing I'm related to the boss man. My tip of the day is to head to Norstroms as soon as you can to get YOUR freebie - they're giving the goods away for 7 days or until they are out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, Thanks for the heads up! There wasn't much left when I made it, but free is FREE and I'm not complaining! Sorry about your car! If you're going to be stranded waiting for the husband, there's really no better place to be than the mall!
Post a Comment