Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life in a Nutshell

Despite dealing with sickness, we've had some fun events this month that I've neglected to blog about. Since I know you're dying to know what the exciting Edmiston's have been up to, here you go!

Fun Time #1: Weekend in Sunriver

What could be bad about a 3-day weekend in Sunriver (especially over my birthday)? We headed up late Friday night and joined my parents to visit with our friends that live over in Bend. My deal-making mom got us a beautiful condo at Stoneridge for a good price and it was perfect for our family. It was pretty large and very private which worked well for us - we love each other but need our space! Mike, Sue, and their three girls came out each day and we played TONS of cards. I really like to play games so I was totally in my element. We played spoons, nertz, and BS. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time! Josh and I were also able to get away for about an hour and took a long and cold walk by the river. It was just a nice time to spend time with some of our favorite friends, enjoy our girls, and relax a little bit.

Us being silly!

The girls being silly!


Dinner time (my girls ADORE Ky, Kenz, & Beth)


Serious about spoons!


Fun Time #2: My birthday!!

I love my birthday, and although we drove home from Bend on the day of, I still enjoyed the day with my family. Once we were home, my sweet hubby and daughter made me their first ever birthday cake and I was able to sit in the living room and watch/listen to their attempts at the perfect cake. It was priceless! Annie totally missed out because she crashed early.

Cake Time
Fun Time #3: My "Surprise" birthday dinner with friends

My mom attempted to plan a surprise birthday dinner with some friends last week, but I picked up on the surprise part fairly quickly. We met at Bentley's in Salem and I was able to spend the evening sitting by the fire enjoying my friends that I haven't seen too much of lately. Most of them used to be my bunko buddies, but bunko died after too many of us had babies too close together. Sad . . . I really really miss them!! It was a really fun evening, especially when we headed to the Konditorei for dessert and coffee after dinner. Josh stopped by on duty to pick up my leftovers and we had a great time laughing at how cute he looked in uniform (and how everyone in the restaurant stopped and stared at us like we were a bunch of troublemakers). Thanks to my mom and my dear friends for making my birthday special!
Abbey, Maria, Me =), Shayla, Jill


Well, that's about it . . . hopefully we'll all kick the sick soon and life will be back to normal. I need my brain back (today I attempted to make homeade granola bars and forgot to add the butter. I guess I could say I was trying to be ultra healthy, but really my brain is mush from a killer head cold/flu. Surprisingly, they still taste good, just a little dry and crunchy).

1 comment:

Beth said...

How fun it all sounds!

Your granola bars sound soooo yummy!